Wednesday 28 March 2018

Armoured Digital - Kickstarter now live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/armoured-digital-miniatures-wargame?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=armoured%20

Unfortunately due various personal commitments I missed the launch at 2000 BST, but that doesn't stop me reviewing over 12 hours later.

So first of all the I think the opening video is good and really grips the potential backer.

The layout of the Kickstarter page is nice and flows well. I think it's important that a kickstarter is laid out well to really draw in the backers.

The contents of the box set are covered by a lovely image:
It seems like a nice compact set without too many tokens.

The kickstarter then covers various aspects of both the rules and the fluff.

There are only two pledge levels (three including the early bird pledge): £45 "Digipath" Pledge which includes the box set and any freebies. Then there is the £60 "Sector Commander" pledge which is the box set, £24 of freebies and then all appropriate freebies.

Currently there are no stretch goals, which I am disappointed about, but it's been said that once the main target has been reached stretch goals will be listed.
However add ons have been listed, the choice is some what limited and I would have liked to have seen tank bundles as opposed to single tanks, but then the kickstarter has not long launched, and as veteran kickstarter backers will tell you kickstarters change, develop and evolve as they progress so hopefully we will see more choice and bundles in the coming days.

For me the one real negative part of this kickstarter is the shipping, for those of us in Europe it will cost between £10 - £15 to ship whereas our brothers & sisters in the rest of the world will have to fork out £20-£25. Personally I see that as quite steep at this stage in the kickstarter but my view on that may change depending on the stretch goals/freebies.

Despite the shipping I am tempted to back this kickstarter, I'll certainly watch it over the coming days and weeks, then make my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment