As ever the paints listed are from the Vallejo Game Colour range unless otherwise stated.
- I started by undercoating with Halfords Black. I decided to use this undercoat instead of white as I feel that there are more black areas than white.
- GW Ceramite white was used on the cannon's legs, weapon shielding and Outcast's flesh.Then several coats of watered down Dead White (72.001) were used on the weapon shielding and legs
- Outcast was washed in Army Painter Strong Tone, then once dry, drybrushed with Dead White (72.001) (yes once again I forgot the bonewhite stage and you can see the difference in the first photo with the two models together)
- Black (72.051) was used to tidy up the line on the legs, cannon, Outcast spine support, straps and wrist/ankle clips. The solid areas of black were then dry brush with Stonewall Grey (72.049)
- GW Mephiston Red was used on the eyes, spine support power cells, ankle/wrist cells, leg power cells, cannon power cells and the power cell at the top of the back.
That's the model done, now the base.
- As the base had been sprayed black I just glued sand to the main area of the base, that, when dry, painted Charred Brown (72.045), drybrushed with Plague Brown (72.039) and then with Bonewhite (72.034). after which Static grass was added.
The loader was done in the same fashion as the other outcasts:
- I started with Halfords White undercoat
- Then covered then all in Army painter Strong tone. As mentioned in my last post this really helped bring out the detail
- Black (72.051) was then used for the majority of the ammo cartridges, belt, bag casing, claws, wrist & ankle clips
- GW Ceramite white applied directly onto the armour (the "nappy" like thing between the legs), and the ammo bag. Army Painter Dark tone was then used on the eye recess. Dead White (72.001) was carefully painted over the same areas
- GW Mephiston Red was applied to the eyes, and the nodes on the wrist/ankle clips
- The flesh of the Outcast was then drybrushed with Bonewhite (72.034), then Dead White (72.001), finally GW Ceramite white was drybrushed on areas I wanted to stand out; like the face and hands.
- The areas of Black were tidied up then dry brush with Stonewall Grey (72.049)
- The strap to the ammo pack was painted brown and then I went over with leather
- I then tidied up the areas of white using Dead White where other colours had accidentally come in contact with it.
- Next I coated them in all over in Matt Varnish (70.520), then used Gloss Varnish (70.510) on the areas painted red.
- I painted the main area of the base with several coats of Charred Brown (72.045), and painted the lip/side Black (72.051).
- Then I glued sand to the main area of the base, that, when dry, was painted Charred Brown (72.045), drybrushed with Plague Brown (72.039) and then with Bonewhite (72.034) after which Static grass was added.
That's the Outcasts from the starter box complete; only the battle suits and flitters to go...