Thursday 3 March 2016

Miniatures: Wasteman KS


So this week, I'm taking a small break from DZC and I am looking at the miniatures that came with my Wasteman Kickstarter (KS) pledge.

The Packaging



My Cybjorgs (Left) and Lunar Coalition (Right) posse packs came in their retail packaging (minus the dice).

The packaging is a large blister that just pops open at the back (similar to Hawk Wargames), however I didn't realise this until after I had cut the top off one of them.

The blister contains 5 models, 5 stat cards for the models, 5 bottle caps to mark activation, 5 bases, foam, and an inlay sheet with details to the thunderchild website. There will be dice in the retail sets, it's just at the time of dispatch Jason hadn't received the dice.



My add on to the KS was some Hazmatadors. These came in a plastic bag with the relevant stat cards and bases.



As with any good KS there were freebies and in this case my freebies consisted of Radical Trevor, Lowbot, Bagman, and Xam. Again these came the relevant stat cards and bases included in their plastic bag. Radical Trevor also came with his own bottle cap


The Models/Building the models:

Usually I would have two sections in a miniatures post one for how the models look and the other on how they go together but as these are mostly single piece models there is no building so I'll cover the usual aspects of "building the model" here.


Cybjorgs: Four of the five models are single piece, the fifth consists of two parts: body and weapon arm.

These are hefty pieces of metal; very reminiscent of early GW models. It makes a nice change to have such a heavy model in my hand.

The detail is really good, this is my first experience of Thunderchild Miniatures and I am very impressed.

I did, however have some serious mold lines on the two larger models, which took some time to remove. Also there was a large tag of metal on the drill of the fat one which I couldn't remove however due to it's positioning I will paint it like a hunk of flesh.....unless that was Jason's intention in which case it's brilliant!


Lunar coalition: 5 single piece models. Much like the Cybjorgs, these are detailed and have a good weight to them. They had very little flash to be removed.


Hazmatador: Three single piece models. These are light metal models, but again nicely detailed. Two of the models didn't have any flash to be removed however the third guy on the right had a large mold line on the first which needed to be removed as well as some flash under the arm.


Xam, Lowbot, and Bagman: Single piece light weight metal models with a good level of detail, and little to no flash.


Radical Trevor: For a single model he's got a bit of weight to him, which as I've mentioned is a good thing. Radical Trevor has lots of detail about him and I can certainly see him becoming a centrepiece for people's posses. With no flash to be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment