Thursday 23 July 2015

Painting: Infinity: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor


Last week I promised I would do two posts this week to compensate for the lack of post last week so here is my second.

In this post I will talk about how I paint my Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor, Now i don't claim to be a pro-painter but I'm pleased with my results and I hope you the reader will find it helpful (as well as documenting my process for my own reference for when I paint other models)

I start with undercoating in Black, using Halford Black primer

Once the undercoat is dry I paint all the cloth/non armour with GW Macharius Solar Orange, I then use Vallejo Hot Orange. When the orange is dry I apply AP strong tone over it all. Then when the AP has dried I drybrush with Vallejo Orange fire and that's the cloth done.

I leave the armour and boots as black, touching up in places the undercoat didn't reach, and any areas where the orange bled onto it. I then drybrush with Vallejo Stone Grey.

For the combi rifle/pistol/knife I paint in Vallejo Gunmetal, then wash with GW Nuln Oil. Once the ink has dried I paint specific areas (handles, raised areas, blade of knife) in Vallejo Chainmail and then wash the entire weapon in GW Nuln Oil again to really darken the dark areas. Once that has dried I apply Vallejo Silver on the handle.

The face are painted using an old GW method I've used for years, For a Caucasian skin tone I start with Dark flesh all over, then tanned flesh with a consistent but light coat, the dwarf flesh carefully applied not to fill the intentionally dark areas (eyes, mouth etc) then I highlight with elf flesh. For darker/African skin I start the same way (Dark flesh), then I apply Beasty Brown and finally drybrush with Leather Brown.

Hair is so varied that I just use different browns, blues, yellows etc. followed up with a wash of AP light or strong tone..

The belts and pouches are painted with Vallejo Leather brown

Once all the painting has been done and I've touched up any required areas I then apply Vallejo Matt varnish, now this starts white so can be a little frightening to apply to your newly painted miniature but it dries clear so there's nothing to worry about.

To Summarise
Armour
Leave black
Drybrush with Cold Grey (72.050)

Cloth
Macharius Solar Orange (GW)
Hot Orange (72.009)
AP Strong tone
Highlight/drybrush with Orange Fire (72.008)

Faces:
Dark flesh (72.044)
Tan  (72.066)
Dwarf flesh (72.041)
highlight/drybrush with GW Elf flesh
or
Dark Flesh (72.044)
Beasty Brown (72.043)
highlight/drybrush with leather brown (72.040)

Hair
Any colour with AP light or strong tone used afterwards.

Belt & pouches
Leather brown (72.040)

Combi Rifle
Gunmetal (72.054)
Nuln Oil (GW)
Chainmail Silver (72.053) raised areas and handle
Nuln Oil (GW) all over
Silver (72.052)

Vallejo Matt Varnish (70.520)

The above is my method for any general combi rifle wielding Corregidor Nomad.

For special weapons/special troop types I like to try to add something else to make them stand out;for example:
I paint my sniper rifles in Cold Grey (72.050)  and wash in black ink and dry brush with a stonewall grey (72.049).
My algualcile rocket launcher was painted in Cayman green (72.067)  with some parts in gunmetal (72.054) and then washed in black ink.
My alguacile HMG was painted as per the combi rifle but then a gloss varnish (70.510) was applied to make it stand out more.
A shoulder of my alguacile medic was painted white with a red cross painted on.
Not the greatest pic...



No comments:

Post a Comment