Friday 5 February 2016

Painting: Dropzone Commander - Scourge:Ravagers

So here is my final installment for the scourge reinforcements I bought back in November, that I subsequently used at invasion: the Ravagers.

As ever paints used were Vallejo unless stated otherwise




Firstly the models with undercoated with Halfords Black spray, then Hexed Lichen (72.015) was applied all over. This was then followed by Army Painter Dark tone
Front
Back
Next Squid pink (72.013) was drybrushed all over. Escorpena Green (72.032) was then applied to the sensors, vents and wire. Gun Metal (72.054) was used on the back tubes and rim of the vents on the leg. GW Nuln oil was then applied to the areas of gun metal. Army painter dark tone was added to the vents and then the "claws" were painted with Black (72.051)

front
Underneath

I then entered the painful stage (made more so with a detailed underneath!) of painting the exoskeleton/lines with Bonewhite (72.034). After this I tidied them up and used Matt Varnish (70.520) on the majority of the model, apart from the areas painted black with I used Gloss Varnish (70.510).

I'm pleased with the result and they served me well at invasion

No comments:

Post a Comment