Wednesday 20 February 2019

Painting: Games Workshop: Age of Sigmar: Nighthaunt: Glaive wraith stalkers

Following the completion of my Glaive wraith stalkers as part of my February objective I thought it's time that I document the process I follow, although it's similar to the Bladegheist Revenants post, there are some subtle differences

In most cases I used Vallejo game colour paints, where a different make was used it's indicated as such.



I started with a White undercoat

Next I painted the Glaive blades and fencing on the bases with GW Abaddon black

I wanted the blade to look old and rusted so used the following process:
Dark flesh (72.044) dabbed, 
Beasty brown (72.043) dabbed
Parasite brown (72.042) dabbed
Orange Fire (72.008) dabbed
Chainmail (72.053) drybrushed along the edges

Next I painted the glaive shaft with Charred brown (72.045)

The I painted the skull heads and spine spikes with Bonewhite (72.034), after which I washed with AP strong tone. Once this dried I applied a light coat of Bonewhite (72.034)

Next I used White primer (72.002) to go over the areas where the metal colours spilt over (this can take several coats), I also applied White primer (72.002) where the undercoat hadn't quite covered sufficiently

Then I applied AP Green tone on ethereal robes, starting with lots at the top and moving downwards so it thins out as it move down.

Next I touch up the arms with Dead White (72.001) and then dry brush the green cloth with the same white

With the models complete I covered the base in sand, painted the base in Charred Brown (72.045), the edges in black. The, using PVA I stick cotton wool to the base to create a ghostly fog look

No comments:

Post a Comment