Thursday 5 May 2016

Miniatures: Dropzone Commander - Shaltari:Ocelot

As we enter the final month of the local escalation league I'm running we move to tournament sized games (1.5k) points and as such I have expanded my force to include an Ocelot, Dreamsnare and Ronin. Of course I won't be able to include all the Shaltari I own in my 1.5k list but at least I have options!

This week I will be reviewing the construction on the Ocelot.

As mentioned in previous posts I am skipping the review of the packaging as I've covered it many times and it hasn't changed.

The Model

The model consists of 10 pieces (3 legs, leg support, body, cockpit, 2 targeters, gun support and the particle cannon)

The quality is to the usual hawk standard but with the same unfortunate blurred detail of the underbelly of the cockpit that I have recently experienced.

Building the model


As per most resin models there was a little flash, tags and mold lines needed removing. These were removed with ease using a craft knife.

I want to be able to remove the particle cannon for easier storage so I have drilled a hole in the tab in the gun support and in the recess of the body to add magnets. This took a little while as I needed to carve out the hole before I started using my drill. I probably could just invest in some thinner magnets. The magnetised cannon should also be useful when the Panther is released.

Since building the previous walkers (Coyote & Jaguar) I'm finding building walkers quite easy now.
I start with gluing the leg support to the body, then the legs to that part. Afterwards I glued the cockpit and then the targeters. I left the particle cannon unattached from the gun support so I can paint all areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment