Tuesday 12 January 2016

1st Anniversary


Happy Anniversary to my blog!

On this day in 2015 I started my new years resolution of creating this blog to document my painting and model building; although I got off to a slow start it seems to have gone fairly well in both reminding myself on my painting schemes as well as helping others.

All in all 2015 was quite a year for me and this hobby.

I bought/received the following rulebooks
Dust Tactics
Black Powder
Pike & Shotte
Hail Ceaser
Lion Rampant
Kings of War - KS backed in 2014...so not entirely sure it counts
Across the dead earth - originally had the PDF in 2014 but wanted a hard copy

So that's 6 new games systems (I'm counting King of war as I wasn't playing that until I got the rulebook)! Luckily I had models that could work across more than just the one system.

I also, eventually, sold off all the DUST tactics; the game was enjoyable but there wasn't a local player base and the online community was destroying itself due to the KS fiasco.

I backed 3 Kickstarters
Wasteman
Warpath
Dropfleet commander

And spent a small fortune on models, granted I bought some to sell on,

Other than spending a selfish amount of money I played lots of games; I lost most (maintaining my reputation) but I enjoyed each and every game (well....most of them).


So what are my plans for 2016?

  • Maintain the momentum of this blog - maybe add battle reports etc, not sure though as I never really seem to have the patience - I have added games played and end result at the top left, but doesn't seem to show when mobile browsing - sorry guys
  • Not to spend nearly as much money on miniatures
  • Clear my backlog



No comments:

Post a Comment