Thursday 4 June 2015

Painting: Pike & Shotte/Pikemans Lament - English Civil War: Firelock storming party



Following on from the Pike & Shotte post I made the other day here is how I painted my firelocks.

I have two different schemes (even though I can only have one unit of firelocks in my army) so they can be split for any intro-games.

Scheme 1
Undercoat Camo green (Halford)
Straps: Leather
Flesh: Bronzed flesh
Metals: Gun metal
Gun stock: Bestial Brown
Boots: Bestial Brown or Black or Leather
Wash with AP strong tone

Scheme 2
Undercoat British Battle Dress (Bolt Action - Warlord spray)
Straps: Leather
Flesh: bronzed flesh
Metals: Gun metal
Gun stock: Bestial Brown
Boots: Bestial Brown or Black or Leather or left as undercoat
Wash with AP strong tone

I then glued sand to the base using PVA, once dry I painted it with graveyard earth, drybrushed with khaki. Once the paint had dried I glued on static grass.

Now it could be argued that the sand phase is unnecessary if its going to be covered with static grass, but I did it so if the static grass falls off then is not just a flat brown base.

Hope this helps/inspires

No comments:

Post a Comment